By Samantha Yoder
This e-book introduces the idea that of voltage-controlled-oscillator (V.C.O.)-based analog-to-digital converters (A.D.C.s). unique clarification is given of this promising new category of excessive answer and occasional energy A.D.C.s, which use time quantization instead of conventional analog-based (i.e. voltage) A.D.C.s.
Read or Download VCO-Based Quantizers Using Frequency-to-Digital and Time-to-Digital Converters PDF
Best microwaves books
Discusses thought and layout of pulsed Doppler radar and MTI with information on litter, litter modelling and concept of optimal processing, and covers subject matters relating to the applying of distinctive Doppler sign processing recommendations that offer detailed good points inside a radar process.
This up-to-date and enlarged new version of Semiconductor Optics presents an advent to and an summary of semiconductor optics from the IR during the seen to the UV, together with linear and nonlinear optical homes, dynamics, magneto- and electrooptics, high-excitation results, a few purposes, experimental ideas and staff thought.
This ebook is an creation to microwave and RF sign modeling and size innovations for box influence transistors. It assumes just a easy path in digital circuits and prerequisite wisdom for readers to use the suggestions and enhance the functionality of built-in circuits, decrease layout cycles and elevate their likelihood before everything time luck.
This booklet bargains with commonplace spectroscopic suggestions that are used to research semiconductor samples or units, in either, bulk, micrometer and submicrometer scale. The e-book goals assisting experimental physicists and engineers to decide on the fitting analytical spectroscopic strategy so one can get particular information regarding their particular calls for.
- Multi-Photon Quantum Interference
- Field Guide to Terahertz Sources, Detectors, and Optics
- Stability of Superconductors
- Optical Remote Sensing: Advances in Signal Processing and Exploitation Techniques
- Geometric Optics: Theory and Design of Astronomical Optical Systems Using Mathematica®
- High-Speed Photodiodes in Standard CMOS Technology (The International Series in Engineering and Computer Science)
Extra info for VCO-Based Quantizers Using Frequency-to-Digital and Time-to-Digital Converters
1 Linear Modeling and Analysis The TDC VCO-based quantizer is modeled and analyzed using linear modeling to determine the resolution. As stated before, the TDC measures the period of the VCO and is inverted to get the VCO frequency. The detected pulse using the relationship shown in Fig. 18), including multiple TDCs. 18) The period of the VCO is divided by two since only the positive going pulse is detected, and it is quantized in terms of the buffer delay, tbuff, with quantization noise, q(n).
This becomes important when the VCO-ADC is used in a DS modulator. S. 1007/978-1-4419-9722-7_4, # Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011 51 52 4 Further Analyses: FDC vs. 1 FDC/TDC circuit requirements Restrictions FDC fs ! 2 Â VCOfmax fs, sampling frequency VCO frequency fc ¼ fs/4 VCO SNR tuning knobs Ring VCO for MB operation "( fs, N, Kv) TDC fs ! 2 Â fb VCOTmax 1:5 Â Total delay VCOTmin ! tbuff Any "( fs, N, Kv) #(tbuff, fc) The circuit requirements for the TDC are as follows: the sampling frequency must be 2Â the input frequency to the VCO.
25) Following Fig. 26). 2 VCO Phase Noise 41 Fig. 27). 28). 28) and Fig. 22). The jitter filter is shown in Fig. 11. This filter is applied to the white noise jitter model and shown below. 23e6,1}); // End VerilogA code adjustment: VCO phase noise filter Using the new model, the VCO is simulated using the same value for sigma. The modeled VCO phase noise is plotted against the simulated SpectreRF VCO phase noise and closely matches, Fig. 12. 23) will be inserted into the previously derived output equations.
VCO-Based Quantizers Using Frequency-to-Digital and Time-to-Digital Converters by Samantha Yoder